HB 843 – Cannabis [Charlotte’s Web bill]
General Bill by Gaetz
Cannabis: Revises definition of term “cannabis” for purposes of Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention & Control Act & applicable to certain criminal offenses proscribing sale, manufacture, delivery, possession, or purchase of cannabis, to which penalties apply.
The bill states that the term “cannabis” does not include any plant of the genus Cannabis that contains 0.5 percent or less of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC, the compound that causes a “high”) and more than 15 percent of cannabidiol (CBDs, compounds shown to provide many medical benefits).
Effective Date: July 1, 2014
Last Event: Died pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c) on Friday, May 02, 2014 10:39 PM
Read HB 843 – Cannabis (about 1 page)
Track bill here
- Health: Literature Review: Medical Marijuana (Cannabidiol compounds, CBD)
- SB 1562 and HB 1039 Regarding Recreational Marijuana
- Rick’s Blog: Matt Gaetz files Charlotte Web bill
- Medical marijuana has enough signatures for ballot
- Quinnipiac Poll: 82 percent Floridians support medical marijuana