Escambia County, FL: You can now apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon License at the Warrington Tax Collector Office
The Warrington Tax Collector Office now accepts applications for concealed weapon licenses (CWL) – by appointment only (4051 Barrancas Avenue, Suite A).
Appointments can be made online or by calling 850-438-6500 x3252.
For a list of frequently asked questions concerning CWLs, click here.
Once you have applied, you may check the status of your application, click here.
- U.S. Constitution, Amendment II: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
- Florida State Constitution, Article I, Section 8: “The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.”
- Escambia County Board of County Commissioners adopt resolution recognizing Escambia County Militia
Appeals court: state universities cannot regulate, ban guns from campus
- Florida legislation proposes licensed open carry
- F.S. 790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons
- F.S. 790.25 & 790.251 Possession [of weapon or firearm] in vehicle, parking lot
- Maps for Firearms and Firearm Laws
Website Disclaimer: From time to time, this website will post various excerpts of current events, legislation, political issues and other items of personal interest, etc. This is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it intended to include the entirety of related statutes, various legal opinions, case law, court rulings, interpretations, etc. If you have questions, talk to a lawyer, and as always verify what anyone tells you.